Within a distance of 12 km from the center of Naxos, rises outlandish and imposing the Tower of Bazeou. Architecturally it belongs to the Venetian towers that dominate a plethora of the island. It was built in 1600 B.C and functioned as a monastery of Timiou Xilou until the beginning of the 19th century. After 1830, the possession of the tower came to the hands of the then newly established Greek state, and at the end of the 19th Century the Greek government sold the Tower to the Bazeou family, who until today, preserve the heritage. The Tower was used as a summer house by the family for many years. In 2000, the last owner of the Tower, a descendant of the Bazeou family, aware of the architectural and historical value of the Tower, restored it and the space has since been used for social and cultural activities.